Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Many people have asked me, 'How can you tell whether you've got a friendship on which you can base a marriage?' The answer that Kathy and I have always given is this. When you see the problems in each other, do you just ant to run away, or do you find a desire to work on them together? If the second impulse is yours, they you have the makings of a marriage. Do you obsess over your partner's external shortcomings, or can you see the beauty within, and do you want to see it increasingly revealed? Then move forward. The power of truth that marriage has should hold no fear for you." - Tim Keller, The Meaning of Marriage, p. 144

1 comment:

Alyssa Faith said...

I believe that to see and prosper 'the beauty within' you, my husband, is becoming one of the great missions of my life.